The Credit Card Shiur
Nowadays, a myriad of rewards offers attract consumers to spend big on their credit cards. There are also many who write glittering reports of free flights and luxury hotel stays, all paid for with points. The tantalizing opportunities drive some to risky practices with their credit cards, both financially and halachically. What does the Torah have to say about the many scenarios that can arise from using credit cards?
2. Accruing and using points
3. An employee uses the company card to buy chometz on Pesach
4. Family members share different cards in one account
5. Using someone else’s card
6. Abusing one’s credit
7. Merchants who accept credit cards- interest, transactions on Shabbos, etc...
With Rabbi Shmuel Cohen of the Chicago Choshen Mishpat Institute
Please RSVP by Thursday, May 16th.